Since we often receive queries regarding the same topics of our Taydoo product world, we’ve compiled the 20 most frequently asked questions with suitable answers at a glance:
1. Which payment options can I choose from
You can choose between paying with PayPal, credit card (processed via PayPal), direct debit (processed via PayPal), immediate transfer or prepayment via bank transfer.
2. What happens after the purchase?
After the purchase you’ll automatically receive an e-mail with the download link to your provided e-mail address. If you paid via PayPal, this usually takes just a few minutes. For payments via bank transfer, you’ll receive the mail as soon as we were able to confirm your payment.
3. I paid via PayPal, immediate transfer or credit card and was yet unable to receive an e-mail with the download link – why is that?
It can sometimes take 5 – 10 minutes, until PayPal has forwarded the payment to our store. Once we have received the confirmation by PayPal, an automatically generated e-mail including the download link will be send to you. If during the payment process PayPal asks you to add credit to your account via bank transfer, it is only until after the receipt of payment that PayPal can confirm the purchase. This typically takes up to two working days. After the successful payment, the download link will be sent
4. I paid via bank transfer – when will I receive my download link?
You’ll receive the e-mail including the download link as soon as we were able to confirm receipt of payment. This usually takes 1 – 3 working days. Please keep in mind that banks do not process any bookings during the weekend and on holidays.
5. Will I receive an invoice?
Yes, additionally to the e-mail including the download link, you’ll receive a second e-mail with the invoice in PDF format after the purchase.
6. Why is it that after downloading my product, I can’t open it in Photoshop?
In order to use the purchased product, you’ll need to firstly extract the downloaded ZIP file. Many recent computers do this automatically. If this is not the case, you can use programs such as WinRAR or WinZIP for the extraction process. However, sometimes it is sufficient to simply right-click on the ZIP file and select “Unpack/Extract”.
7. What can I do, if my download link does not work anymore?
In this case, please send us an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Are there instructions included in every package?
Yes, each product will reach you with a detailed video tutorial suitable for the purchased set. This is how you will earn everything about the hassle-free installation of our products in Photoshop or Lightroom and about the ideal application. In addition, each product download includes handy PDF instructions.
9. Are the Photoshop actions also suitable for Elements?
Please retrieve this information from the product descriptions of the respective products
10. Where can I find a video tutorial for the application in Photoshop Elements?
As I’m not a Photoshop Elements user myself, I was unable to create an Elements tutorial. The following videos by two colleagues should also serve the purpose: Installing and using Photoshop actions <- Click here Using textures <- Click here
11. Do the overlays/textures also work in Lightroom?
Unfortunately not. Since Lightroom does not allow a layer-based workflow, it does not enable the integration of overlays into an existing image.
12. My package contains overlays/textures in PNG and in JPG format – is that what you intended?
Yes, it is. The included video tutorial and the PDF instructions will show you how to properly apply both formats.
13. How do I install Lightroom presets?
For a hassle-free installation of the Lightroom presets, we created the following video tutorial: Lightroom presets installation <- Click here <- Klick hier
14. How do I install Photoshop actions?
Each package reaches you with instructions in video and PDF format. Basically, all you need to do is to run the ATN file once and this will already install the actions in Photoshop. How to subsequently find the actions in Photoshop will be explained in the included video tutorial.
15. Do I need to mention Taydoo when publishing photos, for which I’ve used Taydoo products?
To make it short: No, you don’t.
16. May I use Taydoo products for commercial works?
Yes, that’s not a problem.
17. Can I obtain the products on a CD?
We’re working full-steam on the release of our product CDs. These will be available soon.
18. May I pass on Taydoo products?
No, the distribution is not allowed. The usage licenses are not exclusive to the computer, but to the person. In case you own several computers/laptops, you may naturally install the product on each device. In contrast, it is not allowed to distribute or sell the products and to claim them as your own.
19. I irretrievably deleted a product by accident – can I download it once again?
Yes, any time! Just drop us an e-mail to email@example.com or contact us through our Taydoo fan page on Facebook. Please keep your order number or your surname ready. We will then unlock your download link and you will be able to re-download the product.
20. After running the Photoshop actions, I always receive error messages saying that a layer couldn’t be found - what should I do?
This might be because the first layer or the base image is not named as “background”. If this is the case, please re-name the layer into “background”.